Assalamo Alaykum Waa Rehmatullah e Waa Barakatuhu
Yesterday, Alhamdolillah (With the blessing of Almighty Allah/God) I was blessed to have a very private sitting with one of the very renowned scholar of Pakistan Maulana Abu Amar zahidur Rashdi Sahib, who is the son of Maulana Sarfaraz Khan Safdar (late).
Alhamdolillah with the kind guidance, mercy and blessing of Almighty Allah, I am able to know a local Masjid cleric, through whom I am able to contact some very good scholars of Pakistan and the MiddleEast, and through our common interest Allah Subhan Waa Taalah directed us to such noble and pious people of the Muslim world.
About who is Maulana Abu Amarzahidur Rashdi Sahib for that, I would like to mention first about Maulana Sarfaraz Khan Safdar Sahib, unfortunately I came to know very late about him.
But in this very short span of time I am loving him from the core of my heart. Amongst the few things I have heard about Maulana Sarfaraz Khan Safdar Sahib are as follow:
– Maulana hafza (rememberance / memory) was such that after his death someone came to his sons for condolence, and was telling them that he was asking him something, so Maulana said that 35 years ago I read about this in this particular book on this page, unfortunately I forgot where the book is right now in my library. Mind you this is a person who died at the age of 104 and is telling this at the age of 90+.
– Similarly another person came to enquire about some Ahadees (Compilation of the last Prophet of Islam Peace Be Upon Him sayings) so the Maulana tell them on bed during his last days that you will find it, in this book and on this page.
– Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahib wrote in the biography of the Maulana that at the time when He was a student he used to research in the library of his father Maulana Shafi Usmani Sahib, one day I read the book of Maulana Sahib and I came to the conclusion the way this author has written with so many sources and links he must be a scholar of high magnitude, He kept on reading the books of the Maulana and declared him as His teacher.
– Personally I recently started listening to his Tafseer of Quran (Elaboration of Quran), and when he was delivering this Tafseer, he has mentioned that his age at that moment is 80 years old and he was delivering it to the High clerics and scholars from across the country, and the way he mentioned the whole Tafseer of Quran, I have never heard such an amazing, simple and most elaborate way in my life. The references he has mentioned for Quranic verses speak that no doubt and undoubtedly and unarguably he has been titled as the “Walking library of Ahadees”
Maulana itself in that tafseer mentioned that no other scholar in his living memory has passed who has done so much reading then him, and it’s true it shows from the depth of his knowledge. That, in that Tafseer, he has mentioned what any particular scholar at the time of Tabaeen or Taba Tabaeen has said about the particular verse regarding it’s revelation or the background of it and if any Gair Mukalid (Hippocrates in Islam) has said anything about it and in which book as well and in some cases he mentioned the page no of that book or magazine as well.
Maulana AbuAmar zahidur Rashdi sahib is itself a big scholar, a scholar whom you usually don’t heard about in the public. But who belong to this circle knows very well about him. He has been going to UK and across the world since 1985 on a regular basis to deliver religious sermon and preaching Islam recently the Govt of U.K has banned him alongwith the other cleric of Islam from coming to U.K such is the double standard of freedom of speech by the so called freedom of speech touch holders of the world.
Moreover he was amongst the few scholars who went at 2’o clock in the morning to Lal Masjid to convince Shaheed Gazi Sahib to finish the besiege alongwith Maulana Rafi Usmani Sahib and Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahib.
Also he is the person who has with his effort convince the govt of Punjab to pass a law, through which Quran which are published in Punjab should be of that much paper weight.
He is the member of numerous religious bodies throughout the world.
I have the pleasure of sitting with him alone and discuss in detail about various issues and about something important that I need his assistance, on which the Maulana has warmly listened to it and promised to work and collaborate with me in future with it. May Allah Subhan Waa Taalah Waa Raheem Waa Ghafoor accept our efforts what we have thought about and with HIS permission, guidance and effort will be working on it Ameen Summa Ameen.
Below I would like to mention some of things he and me have discussed, thought that it would be of some interest to anyone and be worth enough for anyone, Mind you these are random things that me and him have discussed. So there is no sequence of it:
– My question to him if a person think that he has become a Munafiq (Hippocrates) and he think he is and wanted to change him what he / she should do.
First of all there are 2 types of Munafiq category 1) By faith 2) By act
No one in the present world belong to the first category, since either he is a Muslim or he is not. However it’s the 2nd type that needs to be considered and looked upon.
For which he advised me to do the following:
– Don’t leave your obligatory prayers and rituals / Faraiz.
– Have Halal (Any source of income or food or way to acquiring it, that is being done according to the principles of Islam) income and food and protect yourself from having Haram
– Protect yourself from Zina, for which he has mentioned a great Quranic Verse to me, which answer to alot of questions these days about the freedom to wear and fashion amongst men and women specially in the Islam. Specially the issue of Hijab in France and Syria and in general men and women speak openly, that it’s in the eyes of the beholder what he / she look. This Ayah is for them.
Surah Furqan Ayat 22 and 27
[فَدَلَّـهُمَا بِغُرُورٍ فَلَمَّا ذَاقَا الشَّجَرَةَ بَدَتْ لَهُمَا سَوْءَتُهُمَا وَطَفِقَا يَخْصِفَانِ عَلَيْهِمَا مِن وَرَقِ الْجَنَّةِ وَنَادَاهُمَا رَبُّهُمَآ أَلَمْ أَنْهَكُمَا عَن تِلْكُمَا الشَّجَرَةِ وَأَقُل لَّكُمَآ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَـنَ لَكُمَا عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ – قَالاَ رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَآ أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَـسِرِينَ ]
(22. So he misled them with deception. Then when they tasted of the tree, that which was hidden from them of their shame (private parts) became manifest to them and they began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called out to them (saying): “Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you: Verily, Shaytan is an open enemy unto you”) (23. They said: “Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.”) Ubayy bin Ka`b said, “Adam was a tall man, about the height of a palm tree, and he had thick hair on his head. When he committed the error that he committed, his private part appeared to him while before, he did not see it. So he started running in fright through Paradise, but a tree in Paradise took him by the head. He said to it, `Release me,’ but it said, `No, I will not release you.’ So his Lord called him, `O Adam! Do you run away from Me’ He said, `O Lord! I felt ashamed before You.”’ Ibn Jarir and Ibn Marduwyah collected this statement using several chains of narration from Al-Hasan from Ubayy bin Ka`b who narrated it from the Prophet . However, relating the Hadith to Ubayy is more correct. Ibn `Abbas commented on the Ayah,
[وَطَفِقَا يَخْصِفَانِ عَلَيْهِمَا مِن وَرَقِ الْجَنَّةِ]
(And they began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise.) “Using fig leaves.” This statement has an authentic chain of narration leading to Ibn `Abbas. Mujahid said that they began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise, “Making them as a dress (or garment).” Commenting on Allah’s statement,
[يَنزِعُ عَنْهُمَا لِبَاسَهُمَا]
(Stripping them of their raiment) [7:27] Wahb bin Munabbih said, “The private parts of Adam and Hawwa’ had a light covering them which prevented them from seeing the private parts of each other. When they ate from the tree, their private parts appeared to them.” Ibn Jarir reported this statement with an authentic chain of narration. Abdur-Razzaq reported from Qatadah, “Adam said, `O Lord! What if I repented and sought forgiveness’ Allah said, `Then, I will admit you into Paradise.’ As for Shaytan, he did not ask for forgiveness, but for respite. Each one of them was given what he asked for.” Ad-Dahhak bin Muzahim commented,
The Maulana said this is what is happening in the today’s world, all the youth are being brainwashed and we repeatedly hear that “What the hijab is all about, we are covering ourselves, and it’s on the beholder what he/she think”
Maulana said this is the first attack of Iblees / Shatan on our Father Adam and Mother Eve and this is what the media and the enemies of Islam are doing to us. Because Allah Subhan Waa Taalah / God has naturally put in the instinct of men and women to cover themselves that’s why when Adam and Eve got naked they try to cover themselves with leaves.
Whereas these days we are going against it. According to him, clothes does not only serve to cover private parts, it is also served to protect yourself and also to look good in the eyes of the other.
I don’t need to press further in elaboration of this ayah, since I am a staunch believer of this as well, that these day’s both men and women are not covering their private parts properly, and as a result when the shyness and Chasity of a men and women goes away then he /she freely started to commit other sins, since his/her shyness goes away and he/she becomes bold.
In this regard I would personally add one thing, sometimes a small leak in the pipeline result in the whole line become damage in the longrun. Think about it!!!!
My 2nd question is I work in Islamic Development Bank which is the Ummah Bank but I felt that things are not going correctly sometimes even tough, the cleric who are expert in Islamic banking says after going through each year the bank record says that everything is going according to the Islamic principles, in this case if I work keeping in mind that had I not been working in such organisation then who will going to come and raise this issue. Because people say and sometimes I myself say this should I be working in such organisation at all.
Maulana Reply: First of all there are 2 things in this regard:
1) Everything should be such that is perfect the way it should, which unfortunately in today’s environment is not possible at all.
2) 2nd there is a thing that you are working around the system, you cannot correct it and neither the present system can be corrected, but those who want to be protected from the conservative banking system and wanted something different they needed it badly, so you have to work for this purpose, however if you are working with that in mind that everything will get corrected in due passage of time and sitting and relaxing then you should move immediately, however if you are raising the issue and protecting yourself from Haram then you should continue. We are living in a age where we cannot be Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddqui Razi Allah Taalah Anhau. So we should protect ourselves the maximum we can.
My next question is what is Tasawuff (Sufism)
Maulana Reply: It is the ziqr azkar being done and some ritual of people, however one should be careful in it. Since one goes into extreme and ends up into wrong circle.
For this one should be sitting with a Sufi and doing it rather than alone.
My next question was, I have a listening issue, that I felt personally and others too mention it that I am very bad listening to other people comments.
Maulana Reply: You should receit without count “Darood Sharif”, since it helps you ease out and bring consistency and balance in you.
Besides these main things we were generally discussing different things, since he and me met before as well.
So the following are some general out of topic discussion that are worth thinking and ponder upon:
– It’s been written in the history that in one battle Khalid Bin Waleed Razi Allah Taalah Anhau has fight single-handedly with 6,000 enemies and no one came alive from that.
– A context of a hadith about End of time “There comes a time, when scholars are murdered like stray dogs, and in that situation the scholars should work quietly and not publicly.
– There is a Sheikh in UAE / Dubai, whose habit is to collect unique books, if he hears that any scholar has died and that no one is going to take care of the books he purchase it irrespective whatever the amount it, and then keep it in his private library and have access to all. The name of the library is Jumma Library, (I will InshaAllah Taalah ask the full name of it and it’s location)
After having Magrib and Issah prayers with him, I requested permission to leave and asking his well wishes towards me and for some other important issues at stake and got the permission to stay in contact with him in future from time to time.
For more on him and about the institute / academy he belong to, kindly refer to the following websites:
– www. abdulhameedsawati.org
I pray in that this dua:
“O Allah Subhan Waa Taalah Waa Raheem Waa Ghafoor Waa Kareem Waa Mehrbaan give me the right direction at the right time for and with the right people with the right knowledge and wisdom in the right quantity and quality with the right strength, courage, determination, stamina and concentration for the right path and protect me, my family, my relatives, my friends and all the Muslim brothers and sisters from Shaitan and it’s treachery and from dajjal and the fitnaa’s of Dajjal and give us Khatimul Imaan (Death on our faith) and help us in seeking and having halal rizq and protect our Chasity and learn Quran and Sunnah and implement them and give us all Jannatul Firdous and forgive our sins and protect us from hell fire and from the questions in the grave and be easy upon us. You are the creator of ours, You are the sole provider of everything to us in the past, in the present and in the future, and to You will belong and to You we will return and without Your permission nothing has, have or will happened, O Allah, Your love exceed Your anger, kindly forgive us from Shirq which we ourselves don’t know totally, and protect us from Jahannum which is the worst place. And protect us from Your wrath. Ameen Summa Ameen Yaa Rabbul Aalameen.